Running Day End concludes e.g. Fuel and Item Sales data for the day, allowing the system to present periodic reporting and to close off the day. Before a Day End can be run, the following must be in place:· All cashiers have cashed up, dropped all their notes and have done a shift sign-off.
· The dip reading is prepared (this must be as close as possible to running EOD.
· You cannot run End of Day with open shifts.
· End of Day can be run from the till.
· It is recommended that you run EOD when the forecourt and shop is quiet.
· EOD reports are set to print automatically at EOD.
· The system does a backup at EOD – this backup must be copied to a removable media and kept offsite.
· Capture fuel invoices as soon as you have received the drop, else the midnight drop may be captured during EOD Recon.
· It is recommended that all pumps are paid off. Within MWS (Managers Work Station)
Step 1: Click Accounting (+).
Step 2: Click End of Day (+).
Step 3: Select End of Day.
Step 4: Click EOD Start.
Step 5: The above screen shows the progress of the Day End.
Step 6: Click OK.
Step 7: The minute the Cashier sees this message; he/she must press the cancel button and can then logon to the till and start trading for the new day.